The bastion of independent cinema, Curzon Soho celebrates its 60th birthday this year. Commissioned by Harold Wingate, who ran Curzon Mayfair, the cinema opened as The Columbia on 4 February 1959.
The single-screen, 734 seater venue became Curzon West End in 1985 and was redeveloped into its present three-screen layout in 1998, when it was renamed Curzon Soho.
On 17 February we mark both the sixtieth birthday of The Columbia and twenty-one years of Curzon Soho with a screening of The Remains of the Day presented on 35mm print. Members can see the film for £5.